Austerity and Acceptance
Voluntary acceptance of hardships and discipline for purifying the body, mind, and intellect.
Acceptance is first step towards acknowledging and facing unfavorable situation instead of running away. It carries a greater sense of reception and freedom for others to be themselves as per respective stage of knowledge or ignorance with corresponding freedom of actions and dependency on results. In fact, it’s a step beyond tolerance that carries more humanity and ability to allow those around us who are different than us be themselves, without fears.
- Thinking positive is not about expecting the best to be happen every time, but accepting that whatever happens is the best at this moment.
- Acceptance is knowing that I can’t change the past and lets stop trying to fix everything, but I am in charge of changing myself.
- Acceptance of what has happened is first step to overcome the consequence of any misfortune.
- Acceptance of self impurities, self flaws or faults is first step towards self-improvement and taking self-responsibility to overcome stress, worries, pain instead of blaming or depending on others.
- True knowledge is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.
- Acceptance is seeing more clearly and acknowledging reality over hopes or expectations.
- Most of us operate with unconscious expectations monitored at every moment. Does this add up? Is that fair? That shouldn’t have happened! Why did that happen to me? Our expectations can block us from accepting “isness.”
- It is not submission, it is act of acknowledgment of the facts of situation. Then decide what you are going to do about it.
- Tolerance is a state of mind that implies non-judgmental acceptance of different lifestyles or beliefs.
- Patience is the calm acceptance that things can happen in a different order than the one you have in mind.
- Acceptance of Uncertainty.We have no full control over the results of our actions.We can give our best in present with gratitude, without thinking of past and worrying of future.
Austerity of speech is speaking words that do not cause distress, are truthful, unoffending, pleasing, and beneficial for the listener.
- “Watch your thoughts, for they become your words.
- Watch your words, for they become your actions.
- Watch your actions, for they become your habits.
- Watch your habits, for they become your character.
- Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”
To deviate the mind from negative or impure thoughts and make it dwell upon the positive or pure sentiments is considered austerity of the mind.
Serenity of thought, gentleness, silence, self-control, and purity of purpose, Intent and actions are austerity of the mind.
Austerity of the mind is higher than the austerity of body and speech, for if we learn to master the mind, the body and speech automatically get mastered, while the reverse is not necessarily true. Factually, the state of the mind determines the state of an individual’s consciousness.
- || NO Copyright || इदं न मम॥ || These are not at all mine ||